Monday: well today was a pretty good day all in all. We first started by going and buying some food and I honestly might start buying my food separately because for two weeks of food it cost us almost 70 Euros and we eat hotdogs pasta so I'm thinking I might just have to take charge of cooking or something haha. Then found out that the girl who broke up with me has been engaged for a little while. And at first I was kind of mad but then I realized that I should be happy it's God protecting me from something I thought I wanted and preparing to give me something better. We also played some soccer and I'd say I have gotten a pretty good shot since I've been in Spain haha. Then we went shopping and I bought my first European suit it's pretty sharp if I do say so my self. And then ended the night with a noche de hogar with Gi_ family.
Tuesday: well today we had a lesson with He_ who is doing well to our surprise he is actually doing really well with all of the commandments we have been teaching him. Then, we headed over to teach Ju_ about the plan of salvation which was good but could have been better if her husband would have stayed on topic with his comments but in the end it went very well. Then later we went with Jua_ to the Chapel to meet up with He_ . Through out the lesson with him we talked about the book of Mormon and he said that as he was reading he was filled with this inner peace and this desire to keep reading so that was cool explaining that he was feeling the power of the Holy Ghost in his life.then we went out and contacted and the first man I ended up stopping was a less active man that had just moved to Spain five months ago so it was great to be able to talk with him. Then we finished up the night contacting our way home.
Wednesday: well today we thought we would go and pass by Ja_ to see if he was up for learning some English today but when we got there at twelve he was still asleep. Then later we tried making other pass by with out much luck but did manage to set up some appointments later in the week. So that was good. Oh and then we had these two crazy girls sit by us and try to flirt with us. Then as they left I tried to explain to her that we do not give besos but as I extended my hand to thank her for her time she came in gave me besos anyway and then said I don't care if you don't do this, because I'm Canarian. So it was an interesting day.
Thursday: well today was a pretty good day all in all we went up and we had interviews with President Pack in telde which went really well. We mainly just talked about the miracles we are seeing here in the islands such as He_ and his baptism that is coming up soon. Then we talked about getting started on my application which I will officially start this next week so well see what happens. Then later we had a lesson with a less active family and Ju_ who came to help us. So we just shared a quick message about the book of Mormon and then want set up a time to come back to visit them so that was super cool to see how involved he gets in the work. And that wasn't all but he also knocked on this random door and asked if this lady wanted to hear more about God she said okay and we gave her a book of Mormon and explained what it was and then Ju_ set up a time for us to go back and visit with her next Wednesday so yeah his a boss!
Friday: well today we had zone conference which was really good we mainly focused on repentance and about how we as missionaries also have short comings that we must repent of if we want to become successful at teaching repentance. Then the next part was on finding young adults to teach which we have also been fasting for this month and it was right after that fast that we met He_ and now he is going to get baptized here soon man fasting really does work. Then later we had a lesson with He_ about the plan of salvation and it all seemed to click. There was something that he said that struck me to the core which was that he believes there was a reason that he met Hen_ on the basketball court which led Hen_ to invite him to play basketball with us which led him to be interested in finding out about the gospel which led to him now having a baptismal date. God works miracles in your life every day just wake up and open your eyes.
Saturday: well today was a full day. First we had a lesson with Da_ in the park where we just read with her the story if Nephi when he went to go and get the plates because she has been having a hard time understanding what's going on in the book but after the lessons things seemed to be a little more clear for her. Then we had a lesson with Jo_ who seems to understand what we teach him perfectly fine but just doesn't have any desire to change his life. Then we met up with Hen_ and talked about the importance of reading the scriptures and he agreed to read a little each night. Then. We went with Hen_ and He_ to a Jas noche de hogar where they were able to make lots of friends so that was awesome for them to gain good friendships in the ward. We also, must make sure that as members of the church we extend a welcoming hand to investigators and new converts. Satan is trying harder and harder to destroy the soul of every man so we must help our fellow brothers and sisters in this fight for righteousness.
Sunday: well we had church at four in the afternoon today because there was a marathon going on right in front of the church today so that was weird. Then after church we met with HE_ again and talked about his baptism a little bit more to just explain the process and everything and he said I wish the day would come sooner because I just feel so ready. Well hope every one has a great week and hope to hear from you all soon love Elder strong.





No comments:
Post a Comment