Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Week 4 I got to sing in the MTC choir

lunes: We taught E_  today which was good we started off by talking about the plan of salvation which then led to the atonement. After which we asked if he believed in christ and the power of the atonement. He said yes of course, then  shortly after we talked about following the example of christ which he said was important to him which was great,  so then we asked him to be baptized and he wasn't sure but he promised to pray for an awnser about baptism.

martes:  Today was actually the highlight of my week Elder Neil L Anderson came and gave a devotional at the MTC it was truly spectacular. I also got to sing in the MTC choir that night so I can now say I sang for an apostle of the Lord.  He went on to talk about four words which were, sacrifice, opposition, adversary and deliverance. He talked about how we all make sacrafices and then shared the story about Sid going, then he went on to talk about the opposition we will all face at some point in our mission and the rest of our lives relating the gospel to an uphill climb. Then he talked about the darkness of the adversary and it hit me that as we pray for and recieve light there can be no darkness for the definition of darkness is the absence of light. He also said that there will be nothing in our lives in which god can't deliver us from as long as we come unto him in faith.

miercoles: Well today is pday, so we went to the temple bright and early this morning which was so wonderful the happiest place on earth. Then we ate breakfast at the temple cafeteria which was great to actually it real food. Then it was on to laundry and emails it was great to here from all of you. Then soccer and sand volleyball which was a  blast.

jueves:  We got to teach E_  today he is probably my favorite person in the whole world he has stopped drinking coffee and is preparing to be baptized.

viernes:  The district that came in before us is leaving this week so we had a little fiesta at the dorms. soda chips candy and more and lots of playing mafia and also we have to mini hoops so got some hallway bball going it was great.

sabado: 9 hours of straight class and no lessons personally one of the longest days of my life but it is great having that time to learn more and more spanish each and every day

domingo: I got called as the district leader here at the MTC both a little nervous and excited since i know that god sustains those whom he calls, also my district is amazing I am so blessed to have them all in my life.

hope y'all have a great week your friend and fellow servant of the lord,
Elder Seth Strong

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elder Strong, I don't know if you remember me from the Wasco branch, when you left you were just a little boy. I am so happy to see you've grown up to be such a wonderful person. If it weren't for another wonderful young man 35 years ago I would not have become a member of this church. I'm so very grateful to him for caring and wanting to go on his mission and will never forget the sacrifice he made for me. There will be someone you meet on your mission who will feel the same way as I do, about you! Thank you for your sacrifice!! Melody rains

    ReplyDelete